Re: IBM 16/4 TK card

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Marco Shaw wrote:

> I don't mean to sound...stupid, but WHAT DRIVER?  I'm running RedHat.  I
> just followed the Token-Ring howto for my system.  The only thing I'm unsure
> of is whether I really need to recompile my kernel?  If modprobe ibmtk finds
> a module, then shouldn't I be all set?

In /lib/modules/2.0.32/net you should find a file called ibmtr.o.  That is
the driver.  Make sure that you are doing '/sbin/modprobe ibmtr' and not
'/sbin/modprobe ibmtk' - i thought that it was a typo in the first email,
but since i've seen it twice, i'll point it out.

If you have X going, it may be easier to just use the control-panel.  but
make sure that the ibmtr.o file exists in the /lib/modules/2.0.32/net
direcotry first.

Mike

---
  Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or four
  times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at least a
  minute.
        - Lisa Coburn, age 9