Re: IBM MCA LANStreamer

As gary.post@amd.com said:

> Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 08:58:51 +0200
> From: Michael Gengenbach <Michael.Gengenbach@StMELF.Bayern.DE>
>

> The list master informed me, that my subscription to linux-tr
> didn't work the first time, so I don't know if my question got
> posted. I didn't receive any answers, though. So here it is again:
>
> Hi,
>
> we have about 100 IBM Model 95 servers with microchannel architecture
> and an IBM Auto LANStreamer MC 32 TokenRing network adapter, currently
> running Novell Netware.

Alan Cox is currently working on a PCI IBM TR LanStreamer driver for the
2.1.x kernels. I doubt it has MCA support, but it might be easy to add.
Request a copy of his development driver from him, and order book
SC30-3708-00 from IBM, which is the LanStreamer technical reference book,
explaining both PCI and MCA cards.

--gilbert

--
Gilbert Ramirez                Voice:  +1 210 358 4032
Technical Services             Fax:    +1 210 358 1122