Re: [linux-tr] IBM PCI Token Ring question: SMP? -Reply

Mike,

     I really appreciate the pointers you've been giving me.  I know you must be
busy.

OK,  When I install RH 6.0 to my server, it doesn't see the second processor and
therefore loads a single CPU kernel.  I followed the instructions on Red Hat's
support site to enable the second processor by doing the following.  Installing
the SMP kernel via RPM.  Did a mkinitrd.  Modified lilo.conf to reference the
new SMP kernel at boot.  After a reboot, everything is fine.  I then recompile
to add the Token RIng support.  After a reboot, insmod reports that the
olympic.o module has been compiled for a different kernel (this being 2.2.5-15)
instead of the new 2.2.5-15smp kernel.  I recompiled the module and I get the
same thing.  Am I missing a step here?  Do I need to rename something else to
point to 2.2.5-15smp?  Do I need to change something in the olympic source?  I
would really appreciate any tips you could give me.

Thanks,

Jared M. Beaulieu
Systems Management Integration Professional
IBM Global Services
Santa Teresa Laboratory
(408) 463-3368
jbeau@us.ibm.com