FTP problems

Hi,

	I have Linux Slackware 2.0.0 under a Pentium 200 MHz with an IBM Token
Ring Adapter ( IBM Turbo ISA Adapter ). I installed the adapter few
months ago and worked well, but the system console puts the error
message 'tr0: xmit ret_code: 23 xmit error code 00'. I send a message to
the list and Paul Norton answered me that this due to a problem with
wonky hardware. Because I got no problem with WWW, Mail or News I
thought all went well. But now, I have realized that when I try to FTP
files from or to my linux machine that are bigger than 5 Mbytes (
approx. ) the console puts the message
'tr0: Arrg. Transmitter busy for more than 50 msec. Donald resets
adapter, but resetting the IBM Tokenring adpater takes a long time. It
might not even help when the ring .....' and I lose the net connection.

Does anyone know if this is due the 'xmit ret_code: 23' ?? The hardware
configuration is:

	Pentium 200 MHZ
	MainBoard ATX, includes 2.1 PCI especification
	Video Card Matrox Millenium II 4 Mb
	Bigtoot hard disk with 4,2 Gb
	IBM Token Ring Turbo ISA Adapter
	3Com 3c900 Ethernet card

If no, which would be the problem ??

Regards,

	Jose Angel Berna

--
Jose Angel Berna Galiano
Grupo de Investigacion en Astronomia y Astrofisica