Re: ifconfig 'crashes'

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Stef Hoesli Wiederwald wrote:

> I have another problem now: After insmod ibmtr, I want to
> ifconfig tr0 <IP> netmask <NM>
> But this 'crashes'. I can't even kill the ifconfig with kill -9.

The adapter may still be hanging trying to get onto the network or
something.  Do a 'dmesg' and see what it is saying back to you.

Otherwise, update your version of ifconfig and see if that helps. Although
every time I've seen this, the adapter was just waiting on something else
or Arging.

-me

---
 "There isn't any reason why Linux can't be implemented as an enterprise
  computing solution.  Find out what you've been missing while you've been
  rebooting Windows NT."  -- Eric Hammond (InfoWorld)

  ** Find Linux at http://www.linux.org/ or http://www.redhat.com/