Re: PCI Token-ring, LinuxJournal

Last I heard (around 8/19/98), Alan wasn't working on the LANStreamer
anymore.  It's been bounced back to "Da MAN" (i.e. Paul).

-me

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Gilbert Ramirez Jr. wrote:

> As jeremy brand said:
> >
> > i think that IBM PCI Token Ring Adapters do not have the tropic chipset.
> > is this correct?  But being that i was not 100% sure, i tried a PCI NIC
> > with tropic compiled in  ---> with no luck (not to my suprise).
> > According to the author of this article, he has used an IBM PCI TR
> > adapter.
> >
> > does anyone know if there is support for any PCI TR adapter
> > (lanstreamer...PCI TR..etc..) ??
>
> Alan Cox is working on a lanstreamer driver for the 2.1.x kernel series.
>
> --gilbert
>
> --
> Gilbert Ramirez                Voice:  +1 210 358 4032
> Technical Services             Fax:    +1 210 358 1122
> University Health System       San Antonio, Texas, USA

---
  Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or four
  times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at least a
  minute.
        - Lisa Coburn, age 9