Re: [linux-tr] Proxy / Paketfilter

I would highly recommend using the 2.2 kernel series for any sort of
firewalling/packet filtering.  It is MUCH more flexable with the ipchains code
than with the old ipfwadm way of doing things.

The only problem you may run into is madge support for the 2.2 kernel.  I
havn't been keeping up with the madge drivers so I'm not sure if this setup
will work.

I can tell you, however, that I see no reason why two IBM ISA adapters using
the 2.2 kernels token ring driver, along with the ipchains utility which you
can find wich a quick search of freshmeat.net, wouldn't do an excellent job for
you.

Mike

--
"We want to take over the world, but we don't have to do it tomorrow.
 It's OK by next week." - Linus Torvalds