Re: [linux-tr] Proxy / Paketfilter

As Ingmar Hartl said:

> Hi,
> I am quite familiar with Ethernet and TCP/IP, but have no experience
> with Token Ring. So I need your help for the following problem:
>
> Is it possible to use a linux box with two token-Ring-cards as
> paketfilter-firewall between two token-Ring networks?

It should be, since the filtering is done at the IP layer. But I have not
tried.

> I have two "Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringmode" Token-Ring Cards here.
> Is there a linux-driver for this card, which allows the use of two
> cards in one computer?

Madge has a driver for their Smart Ringnode PCI BusMaster 2. It won't work
on other variants, however.

> Thanks, Ingmar.

--gilbert

--
Gilbert Ramirez                Voice:  +1 210 358 4032
Technical Services             Fax:    +1 210 358 1122