Re: [linux-tr] Telnet and ftp services very slow to start

I don't think that http will do a resolve before connect.  That's an option in
the server.  Also, httpd doesn't run through tcp_wrappers.

Also, just because you telnet to the host using the IP address,
doesn't mean that the wrappers aren't going to try and resolve the hostname to
make sure that it doesn't match 'ALL .foo.com' in your hosts.deny file.

I would recommend again that you go ahead and put entries in your /etc/hosts
file just to totally rule that out.  Or remove in.telnetd from passing through
tcpd.

Mike

--
"If no one out there understands, start your own
revolution and cut out the middle man." - Billy Bragg