[linux-tr] madge problems

Hello,

I've recently set up a linux box (slackware 3.5, kernel 2.0.34) and
managed to attach to our ring using a Madge Smart PCI BM-2 card and
the madge driver provided by Madge (which you have to dig hard to
find out that you e-mail a certain account, and then provide all your
vitals to them, and swear you won't distribute and all kinds of stuff.
Almost enough to be a mini-howto just to get the thing..)

Things seemed to be running smooth initially, but now I've found that
if I send a non-trivial chunk of data through the interface (serving
a web page) that the interface quits functioning.  ifconfig still
reports that tr0 is UP and RUNNING and there are no errors, but
everything just times out.  If I down the interface and bring it
back up, it still reports ok but will give Network is Unreachable
if you try to ping or such.  I've even tried downing the interface,
removing the mtok module, and then re-installing the module, but
mtok won't report finding any cards like it does on boot, and ping
gives the same network unreachable message.

The only way I've been able to get the card to work again is to reboot
the machine.  Then everything comes up fine, but eventually it will
stop working again.  The card is brand new.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to go about debugging this problem?  The only
other tokenring cards I have are 3Com Velocity XL, and I haven't
seen any mention of driver support for it.

Madge distributes the source with their driver, which is why they
don't want it redistributed and why they want all your vital info,
so I can tinker with this thing, but I really don't know where
to start.

Thanks :)
-Greg