Re: [linux-tr] 0.1.8.mlp

On Fri, 7 May 1999 08:47:09 +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:

>I've seen really bad performance after a while, a few minutes may be a bit
>pessimistic in my case. I've now written this little script :-(
>
>~$ cat fixnet
>#!/bin/sh
>ifconfig tr0 down
>rmmod olympic
>insmod olympic
>/etc/init.d/network

A few versions ago, the card desynched always when doing ifdown/ifup,
now this is fixed (rx/tx buffers are reset during ifup/ifdown), so you
don't need to really reload the driver.

I was having exaclty the same problems in all the versions up to 0.1.7,
in the early versions it happened almost by itself, and from
0.1.3->0.1.6 I could only trigger it by ping-flooding the broadcast
address (over 80 hosts responded).

Frank,

Can you give us some more information about the network (switch or mau)
and the system you are testing this on ? Other details which are
different in your set-up ?

Erik De Cock.