Re: [linux-tr] ibmtr driver hangs on boot with no network connected

I've had this problem before. Taking the token-ring (or ethernet) card out of
the computer causes it to boot fine.

Markus Fischer <mfischer@josefine.ben.tuwien.ac.at> on 05/08/99 05:49:56 AM

Please respond to linux-tr@emissary.aus-etc.com

To:   linux-tr@emissary.aus-etc.com
cc:    (bcc: Ralph Goers/WL/Candle)
Subject:  [linux-tr] ibmtr driver hangs on boot with no network connected

     Hello list,

I have two machines with the ibm auto 16/4 cards. One's a
gateway, the other my workstation. Unfortunately, when
there is no connection to the network (cable not plugged
in, switches down, etc.) the machine(s) always hang on
a boot, because the dont find a network. i once had a big
problem (with 2.0.x kernel) where the ibmtr driver was
bult-in into the kernel and the token-ring network was down.
I had bootet my machine and it hangs during adapter
initialization. There was nothing i could do until the
tokenring network was back (had no older kernel and
no disk available at this time).

Can someone confirm if this also applies to =>2.2.7 ?

best regards,
     Markus
--
OpenSource - join the revolution