[linux-tr] Compiling w/o recompiling the kernel. *newbie*

Greetings!
     I'm not real familiar with gcc and compiling modules so I was just
wondering if there is an easy way to compile the PCI driver w/o recompiling your
entire kernel. The reason I ask is for simplicity and that neither the patches
and Makefile/Configure.in replacements seem to work on my RH6.0 system. I get
errors when I try to patch  and 'make menuconfig' hangs on parsing.

Any help appreciated.

Steve Fox   8?)
http://w3.rchland.ibm.com/~sjfox (IBM Intranet)
http://pcxtreme.org (External)