Re: [linux-tr] Anymore from DJ Barrow -Reply

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 05:52:34AM -0400, Mike Phillips wrote:

> 2) The code was submitted as entire files against 2.2.5.  The changes
really need to be in the form of diff files.  I started to generate the diff
files, but it's more difficult when the indents have all been changed, patch
throws out every line as a change. So I'm having to run both files through
indent to get some sort of similarity between them, then generate the diff.
Then modify the generated diff to match the 2.2.9 file.

What I do is use "tkdiff" or "m(g?)diff" and tell them to use "diff -b -B"
(ignore all changes in whitespace).  This won't help if braces have moved
lines, but it might help somewhat.

FWIW I think a patch against 2.2.9 needs testing inthe wider world before it
should go into the kernel proper.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian Bridgett <bridgett@hursley.ibm.com>
Internal: 7-245528  External: 01962-815528