Re: [linux-tr] Another error that needs deciphering... "tr0: ... ret_code=34 ret rying".

Todd Sweetser wrote:

> Running RedHat 6.0 , kernel 2.2.5-15, PCMCIA Card Services 3.0.9.  Running
> on a Thinkpad 760XD using IBM AUTO 16/4 PCMCIA card.
>
> Every time on boot up after ibmtr_cs is loaded and ./network start tr0 is
> starting the system it gives kernel message "tr0: ... ret_code=34 retrying".
>
> And this errors just loops continuously.
>
> Any clues on what this error means would be appreciated.  I feel like I am
> CLOSE to getting this thing working!

I have the exact same configuration.  Believe me, you're a long way from
getting it working.

You'll need to update both your kernel and your version of PCMCIA card
services.  The combination of kernel 2.2.10 and the latest beta of
PCMCIA card services should work, although I haven't yet had a chance
to try it.

Alternatively, you can use PCMCIA card services 3.0.12 and edit the
i82365.c file as discussed previously on this list.  (Mike - the PCMCIA
documentation page is missing the line number.)

You'll probably also have to edit /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to remove the
high memory area and specify your card's memory settings.

If all that sounds like a little much, I have some kernel RPMs that I
created for people at work.  If someone can give them a home, I'd be
happy to upload them.

--
Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher@concentric.net