Make sure that you have a Token Ring card that is supported from
the list below. Many PCI and ISA cards are now supported. Check
www.linuxtr.net for the latest information.
Cards that are reported to work:
- 3C389 PCMCIA
- 3C619, 3C619B or 3C619C Token Link
- 3C319 Velocity ISA
- 3C359 Velocity XL - PCI
- 3C339 Velocity PCI
- PCI Token Ring Adaptor
- PCI Wake on Lan Token Ring Adaptor
- 16/4 Token Ring PCI Adaptor 2, Wake On Lan, and Wake on Lan Special
- High Speed 100/16/4 Token Ring
- Turbo 16/4 ISA adapter**
- Token Ring Auto 16/4 ISA adapter
- Token Ring Auto 16/4 adapter /A
- Token Ring 16/4 adapter /A
- Token Ring adapter /A
- Token Ring adapter II (4 Megabit only)
- 16/4 ISA Token Ring card (16bit)
- 16/4 ISA Token Ring card (8bit)
- PCI LANStreamer (under development)
- PCMCIA - Turbo 16/4
- PCMCIA - 16/4
- RapidFire 3139, 3140, 3141, and 3540
- OC 3136
- OC 3137
- OC 3118
- OC 3129
- 51-02 Smart 16/4 PCI
- 20-03 16/4 Cardbus Adapter Mk2
- 51-04 Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode Mk3
- 51-09 Smart 16/4 Fiber PCI Ringnode
- 51-07 Smart 100/16/4 PCI-HS Ringnode
- 51-05 Smart 100/16/4 PCI Ringnode
- 20-01 Smart 16/4 PCMCIA
- 60-07 Presto PCI 2000
- 60-06 Presto PCI Plus
- 60-05 Presto PCI
- TR4/16(+) SK-4190 ISA
- TR4/16(+) SK-4590 PCI
- TR4/16(+) SK-4591 PCI
- Tokencard Elite (8115T)
- Tokencard Elite/A MCA (8115T/A)
- TokenExpress PRO
- TokenExpress 16/4
Cards that may cause problems:
- IBM Turbo 16/4 ISA adapter
This adapter will, in fact, work fine with the Linux token ring driver.
However, you MUST run the card in Auto 16/4 compatability mode.
The simplest way to set this is to use the LANAID disks
sent with the card and run the command:
You should then use
to configure the card according to documentation.
- Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II
This adapter will NOT work.
Do not confuse this card with the IBM Token Ring adapter II (4mbit)
which does. It is a DMA/Busmaster adapter for ISA.
- 3Com TokenLink Velocity ISA
You may or may not get this one to work.
I have had reports of people running it without problems,
and others who get errors left and right.