Re: Problems with isrp_even message on token ring RH 5.0

Gilbert Ramirez Jr. writes:
 > Yes, I received the driver from the European madge office via e-mail. It
 > only supports: Madge Smart 16/4 PCI BM Mk2 Ringnode, which uses the
 > TI380C30 chipset. The driver works quite well; I've had no problems with
 > it.

I looked at my copy of the Madge driver last night and it doesn't
support the Blue+ either.

 > This is taken from the README and hints to the fact that we'll be able to
 > legally modify the source code of the driver:

I'm no legal expert, but I think once they've distributed the source
there's not much they can do about it. Even if we can't GPL it and
include it with the kernel distribution there's nothing to stop us
from creating patches to the original source to keep it current with
the kernel.