Re: IBM 16/4 TK card

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Marco Shaw wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the IBM 16/4 TK card, shouldn't I see the
> lights flashing on the card when the computer boots?  I'm trying to setup an
> IBM card on RH 5.0 without success.
>
> The lights don't flash when booting, and my /var/log/messages seems to
> complain about not finding the 'tr0' module.  (I'm at work so sorry I can't
> include the exact message.)  I don't understand why it's trying to find
> 'tr0' because I thought it should be loading the module 'imbtr'?

It depends.  If it is a Turbo or an Auto adapter, I think the cards are
dead in the watter (or close to it) if you don't use lanaid or have a good
bios to configure them.

Try booting lanaid if it is one of these cards, configure it, and it
should go into 'Enabled' mode.  Most likely it's currently disabled.

Mike

---
  Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or four
  times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at least a
  minute.
        - Lisa Coburn, age 9