RE: Redhat Linux 5.0 and T/R Loosing routing off local network.

	Hi Ron,

	there's something wrong with your network configuration:

	Filename: ifcfg-tr0
		DEVICE=tr0
		IPADDR=149.82.40.157
		NETMASK=255.255.255.0
		NETWORK=149.82.40.0
		BROADCAST=255.255.255.255

	The "netmask" and "broadcast" adresses do not match - and the
"netmask" (which is for a class C network) sets it so that you can only
to to nodes with an address of 149.82.40.x. This does not match your
message, in which you say that you can initially ping 149.82.3.2

	Check what your netmask really should be. Assuming your network
is a class C network, the ifcfg-tr0 file should be

	DEVICE=tr0
	IPADDR=149.82.40.157
	NETMASK=255.255.255.0
	NETWORK=149.82.40.0
	BROADCAST=149.82.40.255

	This also appears to match your "networking" file, and the use
of 149.82.40.13 as the default gateway.

	Also, it might be a good idea to upgrade your kernel to
something newer than 2.0.31. I believe there were some ibmtr driver
updates in the later 2.0.3x kernels.

	The "ring status: 20" is normal - it happens whenever a node
enters or leaves the ring.

	Regards,

	Henrik Storner
	Olicom A/S