Re: [linux-tr] howto disable source route bridgeing?

Thanks Paul.

I'd certainly like to try out the patch and see if it solves my problem.
It appears that source-routing confuses the 3Com ATM switch at the centre
of the network and it fails to forward packets.  I don't know if this is a
bug in the 3Com Switch software or a miss configuration, I'm niether a
token ring expert or an ATM expert yet.

The behavior for 2.2 sounds quite sane, if the patch fails or proves
unreliable I'll give it a go.

Are there any plans to move this functionality in to ifconfig or perhaps
as a option passed to the module? It would IMHO be a better place than a
compile time option.  Of course if this problem is only encountered by
stange token ring and ATM networks it's probably not worth the effort :)

I'll be on site again early next week, if you could send me the patch
before then I'd be most greatful.

Regards,
 Lee.