[linux-tr] Telnet and ftp services very slow to start

Hello All,

     Recently I have instaled a TR nic in a debian 2.0 (kernel 2.0.34) box.

     Almost everything seems to work fine: linux is routing trafic between
the TR ring and
an ethernet segment, apache is reachable from everywhere, ping is <10 ms,
etc.

     My only concern is that this linux box is taking about 5 minutes to
start telnet or ftp
connections. I mean, you open a telnet window in a workstation and after
waiting 5 min. you get
a login prompt. After the connection is stablished it remains at normal
speed until closed.

     Same for ftp.

     Could someone bring some light here?
     Thanks in advance.