Re: [linux-tr] Token Ring Bug (This is good :-)).

And all this brings up something I've been curious about.

If someone were to think the driver was total shit, write a new one, and submit
it for inclusion into the kernel, what keeps them from doing it and knocking
this driver out of the tree?

Or what keeps them from writing a patch, such as for the source routing, which
might cause more problems with the kernel than it fixes on the network?

Is this a problem with the open source model of Linux?  I know you should
always check the maintainers file and contact those people if you have
modifications or changes, but what if you don't?

Mike

--
"If no one out there understands, start your own
revolution and cut out the middle man." - Billy Bragg